[Disclaimer]  Lloyden Consultancy Limited is a private consulting company in Hong Kong.  We are not affiliated with the Hong Kong Immigration Department.  Official information of the Hong Kong Immigration Department can be obtained freely on their website (www.immd.gov.hk).  We produce here a user-friendly website which helps you easier to understand about the different visa options.  Please find here our value added services.

Other Non-Resident

Other non-resident visas include Travel Passes and Working Holiday Visas.

Travel Passes are for frequent visitors (usually business related) to Hong Kong in order to enjoy more convenient clearance as they can use the Hong Kong resident counters upon their arrival.  However, Travel Pass holders are only visitors, but not residents, in Hong Kong.

Applicants should demonstrate their genuine needs to visit Hong Kong frequently, and have come for visits trouble-free on 3 or more occasions (other than side trips to China or Macao) in the 12-month period preceding the applications.

Only visa-free nationals (i.e. visitors who do not require a pre-approved visitor visas) to Hong Kong are eligible to apply for Travel Passes.

Travel Passes are 32-page machine readable documents and are valid for three years with multiple entries allowed.  Holders are permitted to stay in Hong Kong for 60 days upon each entry.  Travel Passes are particular useful for frequent business visitors who are granted visa-free travel to Hong Kong with less than 60 days upon each entry. 

The key consideration for a Travel Pass application is the needs for frequent business "visit" to Hong Kong, but not for "employment".

Please contact us for a preliminary assessment.

Working Holiday Visas are eligible for citizens aged 18 to 30 of Australia, New Zealand and Ireland to enjoy their long holiday in Hong Kong while taking up some short-term employment or studies.

The scheme works on an annual quota system.  Upon fulfilling the requirements, the working holiday visas are served on a first-come first-served basis.  The annual quotas for Australia and New Zealand are 200 visas each, and the quotas for Ireland are 100 visas.

Applicants are required to demonstrate that their main intention to Hong Kong is for taking a holiday, with sufficient fund to support their proposed period of stay in Hong Kong.  They need to proof upon completion of their working holiday visas, they are willing leave Hong Kong on their own expenses.

The working holiday visas are valid for a 12-month period.  Holders can only work for the same employer for not more than 3 months.  The visas could not be extended when they expire.  Dependants are not allowed to accompany working holiday visa holders.  Working holiday visas are not allowed to switch to employment visas while the visa holders are still in Hong Kong.  They have to leave Hong Kong before filing any further employment visa applications.

There are certain limitations and requirements for different working holiday visa holders:

1. Australian - minimum of not less than HK$20,000 savings; and could study any courses for not more than 3 months each.  Medical insurance is optional.

2. New Zealanders - minimum of not less than HK$14,000 savings; and could study only one course for not more than 3 months.  Medical insurance is required.

3. Irish - minimum of not less than HK$20,000 savings; and study is not allowed.  Medical insurance is required.

Please contact us for a preliminary assessment.

Thanks Lloyden Our Hong Kong Ambassador!

Point Scheme
Company or Employee
Mainland Chinese
Spouse or Partner
Intern or Student
Money Investor
Permanent Resident
Other Non-Resident
About LloydenH.K. Immigration Value Added ServicesUseful InformationImmigration NewsContact Lloyden
Copyright© 2004 - 2017 Lloyden Consultancy Ltd. All Rights Reserved.